These DIY holiday mason jar cookies make a cute gift for friends, family, coworkers and neighbors. Take a look below for the holiday cookie recipe and mason jar DIY.
Total time: 23-25 minutes
Ingredients (mason jar):
- mason jar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chip (toll house works great)
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flower
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
DIY time: 8 minutes
Directions (mason jar):
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease cookie sheets (or cover them in wax paper)
- Layer the ingredients in the order listed (make sure to press each layer firmly into the mason jar).
- Take ribbon and wrap the lid of the mason jar and tie it into a bow.
*side note: if the mason jar is really large, doubling the ingredients will make the layers look prettier*
- Mason jar mixture
- 1/2 cup of melted butter (unsalted preferably)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
*remember if you double the dry ingredients, you must double the wet as well.*
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 8-10 minutes (convection), 10-12 minutes (conventional)
- In a mixing bowl mix butter, egg and vanilla (an electric mixer works great).
- Mix in the entire contents of the mason jar (this mixture should be thick).
- Once the dough is mixed, shape it into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet(s) in oven and bake for 8-12 minutes.
This DIY is perfect for anytime of year, but it makes a great gift for the holidays. Enjoy!